Monday, November 7, 2011
Who keeps a crush on someone longer, men or women?
I think it depends on the person. I developed this crush on a guy in my school at 15 and just about never let go of it. When I was 37 and thinking about going back to school I went to this business college in town that his father owned and I was very surprised to find him working as the admissions director. And I didn't even recognize him at first--I'd forgotten that his dad owned the college. After 5 minutes of talking I said, "I know you," and he said,"I know you too" and we realized we'd gone to school together. He was thrilled to show me all around the college and I left thinking I could even get together with him, and actually rejected the idea of going to that college because I was married and knew I still liked him. The only other crush I've ever had was on a man I dated and was crazy about at the age of 29, and when things didn't work out I forgot about him after 6 months. Is it possible that crushes with young people die harder?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment