Friday, November 11, 2011

I was denied unemployment for "gross misconduct" in california....?

My former employer terminated me because he believed I was intoxicated, which I wasn't. They did not test me via any means, and I was sent home with someone. The union rep suggested in a follow-up hearing with my employer that I "admit" to being intoxicated because they would then more likely try to get me help, etc. After "admitting" i was intoxicated, I was subsequently terminated. When I gave unemployment a try, I was truthful and told the interviewer I was not intoxicated, and she specifically asked if my employer tested me when he thought I was intoxicated, which I of course answered "no." Just today, I received a denial letter for unemployment benefits for "gross misconduct." I was essentially terminated on hearsay without evidence, what are my chances of winning an appeal? Please refrain from slander and pseudo-liberterian remarks, anyone can be tough on here. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment