Sunday, November 6, 2011

Should I be working while taking Codeine 300-30mg 1-2 tablets every four hours?

I have a kidney infection and I'm in pain. I also take Ciprofloxaci 500mg 2x a day. What I do all day is sit down and talk to customers about their elect bill, outages, disconnections, reconnection, and so on. I started taking these medications on Monday morning (1-5-09) I wasn't even aware it was Codeine. I called my mom and told her what I was on. She said Codeine is a narcotic and I can get fired. So I told my supervisor. (I took a 1 around 8:00am and while on my way to work I felt very sleepy, but I didn't pay too much attention cause I'm always sleepy around that time, and I took one at 1:45pm during my lunch break, before I called my mom.) While talking to my supervisor he noticed I was slurring and slow to respond. He told me we had a lot of calls in queue, and that I can't go cause I drove until I felt better. So I decided to stay but to skip on the medication and take it when I got home. I worked, it wore off around 5:00pm. I left at 7:30pm and went home. I ate around 8:30pm and took 2 pills because my side started that stabbing pain again. I kept myself busy (by playing GTA4) then I was out. I called out today. I have a doctors note.

No comments:

Post a Comment