Monday, November 7, 2011

Bipolar II and caffeine?

Wondering if anyone (Bipolar or Bipolar II or something similar) has had similar experiences. My bipolar II is mostly depression btw. When I would get together with my friend sometimes I would have caffeine, like an energy drink (monster) or energy shot, sometimes both or three things throughout the day. I took them just so I would be hyper and have more fun, whether I was feeling depressed or just ok. What's weird is sometimes it would do nothing, or even make me tired, and other times (usually) it would affect me, often a great deal. I would get to the point where my mouth is running and i'm being weird and hyper and trying not to laugh hysterically and it's all good and i really get fidgety (this is all to a big extent and compared to my normal somewhat to very depressed states not usual of me), or it'll not be so good and I'll get anxious and irritated (usually not though) or almost to the point of tears just cause i'm overwhelmed with emotions (though not necessarily bad). or if i'm by myself my mind starts racing in a self-destructive fashion, but I like it almost, and i pace and can't concentrate. Point is, I thought maybe I was just reactive to caffeine in general, but then i read online that sometimes people report getting hypomanic like symptoms when taking even mild amounts of caffeine. Has anyone experienced something this? just wondering if this is more about being bipolar or nothing like that. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment